Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You Wanna See Something Really Scary?

So, in my travels about the internet today, I stumbled across this little gem of idiocy. And before any of you say 'how the hell did you come across that?', keep in mind that I have a 3 hour break on Wednesdays and tend to find a lot of weird shit on the internet during that time. Mostly because of my good friend wikipedia.

Anyway, this is a comic by gospel cartoonist Jack Chick. Some might call him crazy. I call him completely off his Christian nut. He writes some lovely tracts about how we're all going to hell if we don't love Jesus, and this particular one has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen, in a creepy, sad way. The fact that some nutjobs out there might actually find it enlightening is a terrifying thought.

Anyway, this little tract is called 'The Nervous Witch' and is a lovely, insightful little image of how Harry Potter is sending us all to hell.

Yes, that's right. Millions of children are going to hell for reading about Harry and his friends. Mr Chick has a lot to say about the gay community as well, in the delightful artistic work that is 'Sin City'. God forbid Dean and Seamus do what we know they've been wanting all along and finally bugger each other senseless.

I get the feeling that the only person not going to Hell is Mr Chick himself. Which, realistically, is a good thing. He can sit all by himself in Heaven while the rest of us party down below.

I hear that brimstone's really good for roasting marshmallows.

No comments: